Candied Hatch Green Chile Apple Sundae
Candied Zia Hatch Green Chile Apple Sundae
A proper New Mexican treat to get you through those hot Summer days.
The combination of Vanilla Ice Cream, Cinnamon Sugar Pecans, and Candied Hatch Green Chile / Apples creates one of the best sweet and savory experiences you'll ever have.
Ingredients (The below makes about 5 Sundaes):
- 1/2 Jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Apple, cut into slices
- 1 cup Pecans
- 3 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream of choice (per sundae)
- 1 Egg
- Cinnamon and sugar to mix together
- Caramel (optional, to drizzle)
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix cinnamon and sugar into one bowl and crack an egg into another. Whisk egg and add pecans. Once pecans are covered in egg mixture, cover them in cinnamon sugar and transfer to baking sheet. Bake in oven for 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
2. Blanch Apple Slices - In a pot, bring 2-3 cups water to a boil. Once boiling, add apple slices and a generous pinch of salt. Let boil for 6-8 minutes, transfer to cold ice water to immediately cool and then set aside on paper towel to dry.
3. In a new pot (or same pot, emptied), mix together 1 cup of water and 1 cup sugar on medium heat. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved, then add strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and Apple Slices. Let simmer until pecans are finished, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove pecans from oven and strain candied Apple Sliced and Zia Hatch Green Chile. Set each aside in separate bowls or containers.
5. Prepare sundae and serve. Add 3 scoops of ice cream into dish of choice. Top with candied Zia Hatch Green Chile, candied apples, pecans, and an optional drizzle of caramel. Enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published