Zia Hatch Red Chile Ketchup
Just in time for warmer weather and outdoor sports season.
Once you experience freshly made Ketchup with the sweet heat of our Hatch Red Chile, you'll never want to go back to store bought again.
- 4 pints Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 3/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1. In a wide skillet or saucepan, simmer tomatoes, vinegar, Zia Hatch Red Chile, Sugar, Salt, Pepper and Coriander until a thicker mixture forms and most of the liquid has been evaporated. After about 30 minutes there should be a centimeter or liquid covering the pan -- if there is more then gently pour out the liquid to reach this amount.
2. Blend / process the mixture on pure setting and strain through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in Worcestershire and taste.
3. If you desire a thicker and deeper flavored ketchup, place back into the skillet and simmer again for 10 minutes until desired taste is achieved. The longer the ketchup is heated, the thicker it will become and the more intense the flavor will be.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!