Zia Hatch Chile Cheddar Beer Biscuit Rolls
A crunchy outside, fluffy inside, melt in your mouth side dish that's perfect for all meals of the day throughout the Autumn and Winter Seasons.
- 6 cups Bread Flour
- 1 tbsp Instant Yeast
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 2 tbsp Softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Beer of choice (we prefer hoppy beers such as IPAs or Pale Ales for this recipe)
- 1 16oz package Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Salt
1. In a large bowl, mix together bread flour, instant yeast, softened butter, honey, salt and beer. Once combined, add in 3/4 package cheddar cheese and strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and mix together further until fully incorporated and a full, firm ball of dough is formed. Cover dough let rise 45 minutes to an hour.
2. Take dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place side by side in a lightly greased 9 by 13 inch pan. There should be 3 rows of 4 dough pieces. Once all pieces are rolled and into the pan, cover the pan and let rise again, another 30-45 minutes.
3. Once 2nd rising is close to done, pre heat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Brush the rolls with the 2 tbsp melted butter, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of them.
4. Bake to an internal temperature of 190 degrees Fahrenheit, until cheese is melted / browned and until rolls are golden brown. Depending on your altitude, this takes anywhere from 22-30 minutes. Check in at 22 and bake longer as needed.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!