Zia Hatch Green Chile Beer Bread
Who knew that adding beer would make the bread baking process even easier?
This incredibly flavorful recipe can be made from start to finish in just over an hour and continuously tweaked by trying different beer combinations, adding new ingredients. etc.
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 12oz can of your favorite Beer, room temperature (we used Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues)
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and dust with cornmeal.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and melted butter. Once your beer is around room temperature, add the full can as well. Avoid using a cold beer.
3. Mix together all ingredients until a dough begins to form, then mix in strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and knead into a firm ball. Let rest for around 15 minutes and add to loaf pan. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown or the internal temperature is 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Remove from oven / loaf pan. Let cool to room temperature, serve and enjoy! We recommend toasting the slide before serving for additional flavor.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!