Hatch Green Chile Bourbon Apple Jam
Zia Hatch Green Chile Bourbon Apple Jam
This sweet and savory jam is sure to go perfect with your outdoor grilling and drinking.
We find this is perfect paired with Pork Chops and an Old Fashioned, but it also goes well on steaks or any other meaty substitutes.
Hatch Chile Bourbon Apple Jam
- 1 Qt Apple, diced
- 2 cups Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 lb Brown Sugar
- 1.5 oz Bourbon of choice (we used Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey)
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2-3lb total Pork Chops, 1-inch thick
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, low sodium
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Mustard
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
1. Mix together Worcestershire and Soy Sauce and marinate pork chops in this mixture for 1-2 hours.
2. Mix dry ingredients and season each side.
3. In a hot pan or cast iron, cook the pork chops to an internal temp of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hatch Chile Bourbon Apple Jam:
1. Add all the ingredients (except for the butter, flour, and strained Zia Hatch Green Chile) together into a heavy bottom pot. Stir often and let come to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until onions are fully cooked, about 30-45 minutes.
3. Strain the pot and place apples and onions into a separate bowl. Pour the liquid back into the pot and continue simmering. At this point, if you are cooking the jam along with the recommended pork chops or any other meat, we recommend pouring the juice / fat into the pot of liquid as well.
4. Once the jam begins to show the first sign of thickness, add in the butter and flour and whisk vigorously until fully mixed.
5. Add strained Zia Hatch Green Chile into the pot along with your apple / onion mixture from earlier and stir well. Alternatively, you can add the strained Zia Hatch Green Chile into the apple / onion mixture directly and serve separately to the jam for visual aesthetic.
6. Plate pork chops or other meat / dish of choice with a generous spoonful or two of the Hatch Chile Bourbon Apple Jam.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published