Zia Hatch Green Chile Buffalo Chicken of Cauliflower Dip
Buffalo Wings are great, but Buffalo Dip doesn't ever get enough attention.
Introducing a spicy, luscious, and incredibly easy to make dip that will be the ultimate crowd pleaser at your next gathering.
- 2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken OR 2 cups cauliflower (about 1 small head's worth) cut into small florets
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Sauce (we used Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 1/2 - full jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Scallions (Green parts, not the whites), chopped
- Desired dipping vessels for serving (Pita Chips, Celery Stick, Carrot Sticks, etc.)
1. Shred rotisserie chicken or cut head of cauliflower into small florets. Strain Zia Hatch Green Chile. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt butter in a cast-iron or oven proof pan (preferably no bigger than 10 inches) over medium high heat. Mix chicken or cauliflower in with Buffalo Sauce and cook 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring regularly.
3. Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream, cream cheese, strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and lemon juice. Once properly mixed, sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and broil for an additional 2-4 in order to bring some browned color to the cheese. When broiling, check often to avoid burning.
5. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and scallions immediately upon removing from the oven. Let blue cheese melt while the dip cools, serve and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!