Zia Hatch Green Chile Butter Wine Chicken
- Mushroom Mirepoix (diced onion, carrot, celery, mushroom, ratio of 2:1:1:1)
- 4 boneless chicken thighs or halved chicken breasts
- 1/2 to full jar of Zia Hatch Green Chile
- 8oz Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- Splash of Wine (we used a Muscatel)
- Mix of italian herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary)
1. Rub down chicken with salt, pepper and cumin and pre-heat oven to 250.
2. Dice onion, carrot, celery and mushroom and mix together to create a mushroom mirepoix (flavor base).
3. Cook mushroom mirepoix on med-high heat for about 10 min. Mix in salt, pepper, italian herbs and remove into a separate bowl.
4. Turn heat to high, sear chicken on each side to develop a crust but don't fully cook. Once seared, remove and place in bowl with mushroom mirepoix.
5. Pour chicken broth into pan while still hot, scrape fond from chicken / mushroom mirepoix on bottom of pan and mix in so you have a dirty chicken broth.
6. Place chicken into pan, then mushroom mirepoix and cook in oven for about 30 min uncovered (or until chicken develops and internal temperature of 165 degrees).
7. Once cooked, strain chicken broth into separate pan and begin reduction. Mix in (with chicken broth) butter, wine and Zia Hatch Green Chile and cook on med-high heat.
8. Stir frequently, smash Zia Hatch Green Chile into the pan with a spatula, taste, and season as needed. This will be your finishing sauce.
9. Plate with mushroom mirepoix on the bottom, then chicken, and a healthy amount of finishing sauce poured right out of the pan. Enjoy!