Zia Hatch Green Chile Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed, still cold
- 1 cup whole milk, cold
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- With your hands, mix in the cubed butter and pinch together with the dry ingredient mixture until texture resembles crumbs.
- Pour in milk, shredded cheese and Zia Hatch Green Chile, and stir until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a generously floured surface and knead until it comes together.
- Press dough to a 1/2 inch thick rectangle and stamp or cut out round biscuits, around 2-3 inches in length. Continue process until all dough is used.
- Arrange biscuits onto prepared baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Before putting in the oven, brush each biscuit with beaten egg. Bake around 15 minutes or until golden-brown.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!