Zia Hatch Green Chile Cilantro-Lime Grilling Marinade
Our Hatch Green Chile is the secret ingredient to an incredibly simple and flavorful grilling marinade.
Try this out on steak, shrimp, chicken, pork, potatoes, squash, eggplant, zucchini, onions, carrots... You get the picture!
(FYI these quantities produced enough marinade, roughly 6 cups, for us to marinade the equivalent of 3.5lb meat and 1lb vegetables. In essence, this recipe is enough marinade for 4-5lb of meat and vegetables which is enough food to feed 5-6 hungry people)
- 2 Limes (1 for juicing, 1 for garnish)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 jars Zia Hatch Green Chile, no need to strain
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (add more as desired)
- 1/2 clove Garlic (about 5-7 heads of garlic), peeled and chopped
- Meat and Vegetables of your choice
1. Add chopped garlic, cilantro, Zia Hatch Green Chile, salt and pepper into a blender.
2. Juice 1 lime into the blender and pour in 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
3. Gently pulse the mixture until a cream consistency is achieved. If desired consistency isn't achieved, slowly add more olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
4. Pour marinade over desired meats and vegetables. Save some some extra marinade in a side bowl (about 1 cup). Let meat / vegetables bathe in the marinade anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours or overnight.
5. Grill meat and vegetables. When grilling, brush meat and vegetables with the extra marinade right when they come off the grill to give them even more flavor. Serve with chopped cilantro and lime wedges to complement.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!