Zia Hatch Green Chile Crispy Kale Chips
An easy and quick recipe to satisfy your snacking addiction and help put those potato chips away.
We find that this recipe is perfect seasoned with just salt and chile flakes, but feel free to experiment with different spices / lime zest depending upon your taste!
- 1 bunch Kale, washed and shredded into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- Salt to taste
- Chile Flakes (we recommend using Hatch Valley Green Flakes from our friends at Flatiron Pepper Company)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place kale into a large bowl as you shred it and thoroughly dry. We recommend patting dry with strong paper towel around 6 or 7 times. For this recipe, there is no such thing as the kale being too dry - any excess water will cause increased likelihood that kale will steam rather than crisp when cooked.
2. Add olive oil and Zia Hatch Green Chile together in a blender or food processor. Blend until thoroughly combined.
3. Massage olive oil / Zia Hatch Green Chile mixture and about 1 tsp into kale until evenly distributed and every piece feels covered.
4. Spread kale evenly over two baking sheets (do not let overlap), sprinkle chile flakes, and bake 14-16 minutes. At the 14 minute mark, touch kale with a long utensil. If kale still doesn't feel crisp, bake until the 16 minute mark and possibly even another 2 to 4 minutes until ready.
5. Remove from oven. Once cooled to room temperature, season with more salt to taste, if necessary, and serve. These can be stored in an airtight bag for up to 3 days without starting to lose crispness.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!