Zia Hatch Green Chile French Bread Pizza
Looking for an easy and delicious comfort food recipe?
This shouldn't take any longer than 15-20 minutes to make and is sure to please your entire family or group of friends.
Though this recipe calls for pepperoni, you can substitute it with any other ingredients / vegetables of choice.
- 1 loaf bread of choice (French Bread, Ciabatta, etc.), halved
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 1 13 or 14oz jar Pizza Sauce of choice (we used Rao's Homemade Pizza Sauce)
- 4oz shredded low moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- 2oz Pepperoni Slices
- Olive Oil (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (whole)
- Pepper Flakes (we used Flatiron Pepper Company's Four Pepper Blend)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is pre-heating, slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise and heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Place garlic cloves in olive oil and cook until fragrant and garlic begins to brown slightly. Once this happens, remove oil from heat and brush over each loaf half.
3. Once oven is pre-heated, place loaf halves directly onto rack and let bake for 5-7 minutes until slightly golden.
4. While bread is baking, mix and toss together Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni Slices, strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and Pepper Flakes in a bowl.
5. Once bread is toasted and slightly golden, remove from oven and brush an equal amount of pizza sauce onto the cut side of each half. Top evenly with cheese / pepperoni / Zia Hatch Green Chile mixture and sprinkle more pepper flakes if desired. Place back into oven, baking for about 5 minutes.
6. Once cheese begins to melt, turn your broiler on high for another 2 minutes, keeping close watch to not burn or overcook the bread.
7. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!