Hatch Green Chile Garlic Naan
Zia Hatch Green Chile Garlic Naan
Tortillas are wonderful, but there's nothing quite like the tenderness of a homemade Naan bursting with the flavor of Hatch Green Chile and Garlic.
This homemade recipe is simple, rewarding, and the end uses for it are infinite!
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour (plus more for dough forming)
- 1/2 - full jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- 4 tbsp Whole-Milk Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk, warm
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast (about 7-9g)
- 1/2 head Garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Proof yeast by mixing packet of yeast with 1/4 tsp sugar into 1/4 cup warm water. Mixture should bubble within 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk on low heat.
2. While yeast is proofing and milk is warming, add flour to large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and add add oil, yogurt, sugar, salt, baking powder. Add yeast and mix together with your hands until mixture resembles a crumby texture. Add garlic, strained Zia Hatch Green Chile, and warm milk.
3. Mix until everything comes together into a dough. Add more flour as needed and knead dough for 5-10 minutes, cleaning your hands when they get too messy. Once dough is formed into a ball, rub the exterior with olive oil, transfer to to a clean mixing bowl and cover with a dish towel, allowing to rise and double in size for 60-90 minutes.
4. Once dough has risen, divide dough into 10-12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten between your hands. Cover dough lightly with flour and roll each piece into a circle / oval of about 6-8 inches in diameter.
5. Heat up a cast iron or sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and cook each Naan for at least 40 seconds on one side, until it starts to bubble and color starts to form. Flip and cook other side for the same time. At this point, continue to cook each side for another 10-15 seconds until visually done and set aside on a platter. Continue this process for each Naan.
6. Serve immediately or transfer to oven on low heat to keep warm or wrap in foil until ready to serve. We recommend serving with any of Brooklyn Delhi's Achaar's or Chutneys!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published