Hatch Green Chile Grilled Shrimp Boil
Zia Hatch Green Chile Grilled Shrimp Boil
- 5-6 Baby Red Potatoes (cut)
- Shrimp (about 1lb, uncooked, fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 ears fresh corn
- Andouille Sausage (diced - or Kielbasa as a substitute)
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 jar Zia Hatch Chile Salsa
- 1 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Thaw shrimp (if needed)
- Process / blend marinade ingredients (if you don't choose to use Zia Hatch Chile Salsa) and place into two container or plastic gallon bags.
- Dice sausage into round pieces
- Place all sausage into one container of marinade and all shrimp into other container of marinade.
- Refrigerate for 3 - 24 hours.
- Shuck corn, microwave ears wrapped in moist paper towel for 5min, remove and set aside to cool. Cut into 4-6 slices per ear.
- Stab potatoes with fork. Microwave for 3min then remove and set aside to cool.
- Heat up a cast iron / pan / grill with vegetable oil to high heat. If cooking on a grill, use two layers of tin foil to cook on top of.
- Put chopped potatoes in and cook until color begins to develop
- Put in marinaded sausage and shrimp + 1 knob of butter and cook until shrimp begins showing a faint pink color (around 6 min or so)
- Add corn to pan and mix.
- Throw in another knob of butter, turn the heat off and let the residual heat do its job. (If cooking on a grill, at this point close grill lid to build up more residual heat).
- Toss in chopped parsley, thyme, pepper, garlic powder, salt, stir and serve.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published