Zia Hatch Green Chile Kale and Spinach Frittata
A healthy, portable, delicious and easy to make breakfast snack that you can have any time throughout the day. This is also perfect for Whole30 meals!
- 1/4 to 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Spinach (blanched and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Kale (blanched and finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Blanch kale and spinach - Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Add in kale and spinach and let boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove and let strain.
2. Once strained, finely chop kale, spinach and garlic.
3. Add eggs, milk, garlic, kale, spinach, strained Zia Hatch Green Chile, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into a medium or large sized mixing bowl. Whisk until all mixed together.
4. In a non stick 8 inch stovepan pan, heat a couple teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once pan is hot enough, pour in the egg mixture and let evenly distribute over the surface of the pan. With a rubber spatula, once egg mixture starts to form, hold the pan to the sides and lift up to let the non cooked mixture run underneath.
5. After a couple minutes and once you have taken care of most of the runny egg, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 8-10 minutes until the mixture puffs and sets. Check on mixture and lift up with your rubber spatula occasionally to make sure the bottom doesn't burn or stick.
6. If after the 8-10 minutes there is still some runny and non set mixture, slide the frittata out of the pan and flip over back into it so the runny side cooks. Let cook for another few minutes, uncovered, monitoring until you are satisfied.
7. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Divide into pieces and serve or refrigerate!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!