Hatch Green Chile Michelada Chicken
This michelada inspired marinade and drizzle sauce is the ultimate way to keep Summer grilling going strong.
The chicken can also easily be replaced with steak or hearty veggies.
- 1 12 oz Mexican Lager of Choice (we used Pacifico, but Modelo, Tecate, Corona, etc. would all work well)
- 1/3 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tsp Tabasco Sauce (or other hot sauce of choice)
- Juice and zest from 1 Lime
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless Chicken Breasts
- High heat oil such as canola
- Salt to taste (at least 1 tsp)
1. In a food processor or blender, process Zia Hatch Green Chile until completely (or almost completely) liquified.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the lager, soy sauce, hot sauce, lime zest, lime juice, salt and liquified Zia Hatch Green Chile. Set aside about 3/4 of this mixture.
3. Pat chicken dry and pound to an even thickness if necessary. Use the remaining 1/4 lager mixture as a marinade by placing the chicken in the bowl and coating evenly or placing the mixture and chicken in a plastic bag. Let marinate for 30 minutes up to 3 hours. If marinating longer than 30 minutes, marinate while refrigerated.
4. Once chicken is finished marinating, heat oil in a non stick skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Wipe excess marinade from chicken, add to pan and cook until browned and releases easily from pan, 5-7 minutes. Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until you can cut open in the thickest part of the breast and see no pink. Transfer to a plate.
5. Once you flip the chicken, in a separate non stick skillet or cast iron pan, heat to medium. Once pan is hot, carefully pour in the reserved 3/4 marinade from the beginning and bring to boil until slightly thickened into a sauce, about 2 minutes. Stir often and scrape anything that sticks to bottom of the pan.
6. Remove from heat and eat chicken drizzled with the sauce.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!