Hatch Green Chile Migas Breakfast Tacos
Zia Hatch Green Chile Migas Breakfast Tacos
What could make the weekend even more exciting? We think our recipe for Hatch Green Chile Migas Breakfast Tacos will do the trick.
Bonus New Mexico points for using a New Mexico made salsa such as Sadie's Salsa.
Makes about 6 breakfast tacos. Double the recipe if you are serving for a larger group.
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Zia Hatch Green Chile (about 1/4 jar), strained
- 1/2 cup Tortilla Chips of choice, slightly crumbled
- 1/4 cup White Onion, diced
- 3+ slices of peeled and pitted Avocado
- Chopped Cilantro (for garnish)
- Shredded Cheese (Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend recommended)
- Salsa of choice (If desired. We recommend our Zia Hatch Chile Salsa or Sadie's Salsa)
- Salt, to taste.
1. Strain Zia Hatch Green Chile, dice onion, chop cilantro and beat eggs. Peel and pit avocado, cut slices and set them in the refrigerator until the end so they don't brown.
2. Cook tortillas over medium heat in a cast iron or nonstick skillet. Cook until starting to slightly color, 15-30 seconds each side. When finished, wrap in tin foil to retain heat.
3. Increase the heat slightly and pour in a couple tablespoons of high heat oil such as canola. Add the tortilla chips and stir until slightly browned, 20-30 seconds. Add diced onion and Zia Hatch Green Chile and cook until onion starts to turn translucent. Stir often.
4. Pour egg over and let sit for 15-20 seconds. During this brief time, sprinkle desired amount of shredded cheese and salt over the egg mixture. Once egg is beginning to set, mix in a rapid fashion until eggs are set but not overcooked (this usually takes about 30-45 seconds).
5. Once eggs have set and ingredients are combined, remove from heat immediately and serve over warm tortillas. Sprinkle cilantro on top and add avocado slices. To finish, add a spoonful of salsa if using. Serve while warm or wrap individually in tin foil for portability.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published