Zia Hatch Green Chile Oysters Rockefeller
Hatch Green Chile blends extremely well with the rich mixture of spinach, heavy cream, butter, shallots and garlic for this crowd pleasing appetizer.
- 1 Medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 10oz Heavy Cream
- 10oz Spinach
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1-3 dozen Oysters
- 1/2 cup Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon Wedges (for serving)
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pan. Add diced onions and shallot and stir for 3-4 minutes on medium/low heat.
2. Add garlic, then add spinach in handfuls to allow them to fully wilt. Add Zia Hatch Green Chile and heavy cream and allow the combination to come to a soft boil. Lower heat and let the cream reduce to about half.
3. While cream is reducing, shuck your oysters and place onto a baking sheet standing up. Place in the fridge until needed.
4. Once the pan mixture is reduced, pour ingredients into the blender and gently blend until an even consistency is created. Place back into the pan and heat on low. Stir in parmesan/pecorino, salt and pepper.
5. Heat oven to 375 degrees
6. Place a spoonful of the pan mixture onto each individual oyster and sprinkle panko bread crumbs evenly over all oysters, edge to edge. Place oysters in the oven once 375 temp is reached.
7. Let oysters bake for 15-20minutes until you can see them bubbling and the spinach mixture beginning to puff.
8. Turn your oven on low broil and watch oysters carefully. Let them sit for 1-2 minutes until the panko bread crumbs achieve a golden brown color.
9. Remove and serve with lemon wedges.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!