Zia Hatch Green Chile Pizza Crust
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 package (2.25 tsp) of active dry yeast
- 3.75 cups (490 g) bread flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2-3/4 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile
(Here's what we used but this is where you can get creative and use whatever you want!)
- 1/2 can crushed / pureed tomatoes (or you can puree fresh ones yourself)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 6oz shredded mozzarella (whole mozzarella tends to leave the pizza “wetter” but its fine to use)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Zia Hatch Green Chile to taste
1. Place crushed/pureed tomatoes in a small pot and put on low heat, this sauce will be slowly heated for the duration of the pizza making. If you would like to flavor the sauce using garlic powder / onion powder / basil / red chili flakes / crushed tomatoes for additional texture, all are welcome. Just keep in mind that the flavor will be concentrated as time passes, so season lightly, and as you go. Stir occasionally throughout entire pizza making process.
2. Mix yeast and warm water, let sit for 5min to “bloom”.
3. Mix in 1 tsp sugar and stir
4. Pour yeast mixture into a larger bowl along with bread flour and mix together.
5. Add in Zia Hatch Green Chile and continue to kneed with hands until dough is firm, smooth, stiff and elastic. If too sticky throughout the process, add another handful of flour.
6. Line a large bowl with a coating of olive oil and coat the dough against it. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let sit for 45-60 minutes to properly rise.
7. On a large floured surface or in a non-stick floured pan of choice, place the dough down and begin stretching out to your desired shape. This will take some patience as the dough will continue to contract into a smaller shape, but continue shaping until you achieve the thickness and shape you desire. You'll know its ready when the dough stops contracting and takes hold of the shape you're stretching it in or the shape of the pan its inside.
8. Pour tomato sauce directly on dough and spread evenly. Top with desired amount of mozzarella and Zia Hatch Green Chile and cover the pizza in a light dust of grated parmesan. As mentioned at the beginning of this recipe, this is where you can get creative and use whatever toppings you desire!
9. Place in oven at 500 degrees for 8-10min or place on grill at 575 degrees for 6-7 min or until pizza has reached desired crispiness. If you grill the pizza as we did then keep a close watch that the crust doesn't burn. It cooks fast!
10. Let cool and enjoy!