Zia Hatch Green Chile Pumpkin Salsa
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 medium Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 25oz Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes (chop tomatoes into quarters or halves before use)
- 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin Puree / “Pure Pumpkin” (some labels will say this instead)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 - Full Jar of Zia Hatch Green Chile
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Red Pepper Chile flakes to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice (optional)
- In a deep saute or sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and saute until onions become translucent but not fully cooked.
- Add in strained Zia Hatch Green Chile, canned tomatoes, pumpkin puree, salt, sugar, and any remaining spices.
- Cook and occasionally stir on med-low heat for 10 minutes until all ingredients are well blended and have achieved a salsa consistency.
- Eat with your favorite chips! Salsa will stay fresh in fridge for up to 2 weeks.