Zia Hatch Green Chile Queso Fundido
Is there a better recipe to please yourself and others during football season? We really don't think so.
Hatch Green Chile and cheese is already a classic winning combination. Add in chorizo and the texture / flavor of mexican cheese blends and you might not want to go back to regular queso.
(Makes one 8 inch skillets worth. For a larger group, double the recipe)
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- About 6-7 oz Mexican Chorizo
- 1 scallion, both greens and whites, chopped
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or other easy melting Mexican cheese (such as Oaxaca, Asadero, Quesadilla or Chihuahua)
- Large pinch (about 1 tbsp) Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- Chips and Limes (for serving)
- Dash of olive oil, for cooking
1. Allow olive oil to heat up in a skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and, while stirring and mashing, cook 5 or so minutes until browned. Remove from heat.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked chorizo, Zia Hatch Green Chile, cheese blend, cilantro, garlic salt, and chopped scallion. Mix well and transfer to an 8 inch skillet or other shallow baking dish.
3. Heat up your oven broiler to high (or the setting on your oven that broils anywhere from 500-550 degrees Fahrenheit). Broil the queso fundido until the cheese is melted, browned and bubbling. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
4. Serve with chips / optional limes and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!