Zia Hatch Green Chile Rosemary Winter Squash
The smokiness of Hatch Green Chile blends incredibly well with the sweetness of Winter Squash. Mix together delicious smelling herbs such as rosemary with garlic and ginger and you have a side dish that will bring new life and beauty to your Fall or Winter dinner table.
- 2 medium-large sized Winter Squash of your choice (Butternut, Delicata, and Hubbard generally fit these sizes). This should shake out to about 8 cups cubed.
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 4-6 Garlic Cloved, minced
- 1/2 cup Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Skin and cube squash. Place into large mixing bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together flour and cornstarch. Whisk in ginger, salt, and pepper. Add this mixture to the squash and toss until evenly coated. Add garlic, parsley, rosemary, and 1/3 cup olive oil. Toss until all cubes are evenly coated.
4. Transfer mixture to a baking dish, spread evenly and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 1-1.5 hours, until tender. After this initial time frame, remove aluminum foil and let bake for another 45 minutes, until very soft.
5. Remove from over, take strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and later evenly on top of the squash. Turn the oven up to 375 degrees and place back into oven once temperature is reached.
6. Bake until top later of squash is crisp and begins to form a crust. Use broiler if needed. Watch closely to not over bake.
7. Remove and garnish with fresh parsley and rosemary. Taste and add any final desired seasonings while hot (salt, garlic powder, cumin, etc.). Serve warm and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!