Hatch Green Chile Sheet Pan Chilaquiles
Zia Hatch Green Chile Sheet Pan Chilaquiles
Everything is easier and looks so inviting when done in a sheet pan. Chilaquiles are no exception.
Our Hatch Green Chile is the perfect flavor addition to this traditional Mexican breakfast dish. Though we used chicken in this recipe, it can easily be made vegetarian by leaving out the chicken and substituting the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained, plus more for garnish
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth if you are not using meat)
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded (we used about half the meat and left the rest for other dishes, but feel free to use all of it)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Salt
- For garnish: Chopped Avocado, Crumbled Queso Fresco, Cilantro, Zia Hatch Green Chile, Sour Cream, Fried Egg, etc.
1. Chop tomatoes and onion into quarters. Stem and half Jalapeño. Peel garlic cloves. Combine all together on a sheet pan.
2. Place an oven rack about 6 inches from your broiler, heat broiler to high and broil vegetables / garlic for 20 minutes. At 10 minutes in, remove garlic from sheet pan and flip tomatoes / onion / jalapeño.
3. While vegetables are broiling, combine broth with 1/2 jar of strained Zia Hatch Green Chile in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, remove from heat.
4. Once vegetables are done, turn off broiler and add everything to a blender (vegetables, garlic, broth & Zia mixture). Add canola oil, coriander, and salt and puree until smooth and properly blended.
5. Heat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is pre-heating, layer tortilla chips on a sheet pan (you can use the same one as the vegetables) and pour over about half of the sauce. Toss chicken with the other half and layer over chips. Cook in oven for about 5-7 minutes. Remove and garnish with queso fresco, chopped avocado, and other toppings of choice. Serve warm and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!
I cannot wait to make this with my grandkids! They will be SO excited. They have this week home from school, so we won’t have to rush. ❤️💚