Zia Hatch Green Chile Spring Rolls
The perfect healthy, vibrant, and delicious appetizer to welcome the warmer weather of Spring.
Though we recommend the inclusion of rice noodles and tofu if there are no underlying allergies, your choices for other vegetables can be your own and you can be as creative as you'd like. Our Hatch Green Chile will give a great natural kick of flavor to whatever you come up with!
- 2 oz Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1 lb firm Tofu
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, roughly chopped
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Very thinly sliced cucumbers (length wise)
- 8 sheets Rice Paper (Spring Roll Wrappers)
- 1/3-2/3 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain, toss with salt and sesame oil and set aside.
2. Drain / press tofu and cut into 1/2 cm thick slices. Cook on medium high heat for 4 min on each side.
3. Cut vegetables to your liking (matchstick shapes or finely shredded) and mix in a bowl with sesame oil until fully incorporated.
4. Prepare a large bowl of warm water and place each spring roll wrap in the water until fully submerged. Let it rest for 10-20 seconds until desired texture is achieved, then place onto your workspace table. The sheet should be pliable and not too floppy.
5. Leaving a 1 inch border on the edges, place your ingredients into each spring roll (We recommend using a tofu slice on the bottom as they make great bottom stabilizers and create stability in each roll). Fold in the sides to meet in the middle, then from the bottom begin rolling upward and into a small burrito shape.
1. In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and strained Zia Hatch Green Chile. Mix in water as needed to create a creamier texture.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!