Zia Hatch Green Chile Tater Tots
- 2 lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled (about 6 potatoes)
- 1/2-3/4 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1.5 tsp garlic salt
- High Heat Oil for Frying (e.g. Canola, Peanut, Corn, etc.)
- Peel potatoes
- Place peeled potatoes in a pot of cold water, letting the water cover the potatoes by an inch
- Bring water to a boil, then let potatoes parboil (partly boil) for around 6-7 minutes
- Strain parboiled potatoes to rid them of moisture and let cool to room temperature
- Using a box grater, finely shred the potatoes.
- Add in flour, strained Zia Hatch Chile and garlic salt and mix until evenly distributed.
- Mold the mixture into individual tots.
- Heat up oil in a large saucepot on medium-high heat until hot enough to fry.
- Fry molded tots (about 5-6 at a time depending upon the size of your pot -- do not overload the pot with tots as they can decrease the temperature of your oil and fry incorrectly)
- Transfer tots to a paper towl lined dish or a wire rack to let cool to an edible temperature.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!