Zia Hatch Green Chile Tortillas
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsps lard
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
1. Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder)
2. Mix in lard, using your fingers to pinch evenly into mixture. End consistency should resemble cornmeal.
3. Add in water and Zia Hatch Chile.
4. Mix together ingredients and knead into firm dough (depending upon where you live you may need to add more flour if mixture is too sticky or more water is mixture is too dry).
5. Divide the dough into equal pieces and roll them into balls. Use a well floured rolling pin to roll each ball into a thin, round tortilla.
6. Heat up a stovetop pan and cook each side in butter until golden brown and bubbly.
7. Move Hatch Green Chile Tortillas into a tortilla warmer or wrap in a towel / tin foil.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!