Zia Hatch Green Chile "Whiz Wit" Philly Cheesesteak
A melt in your mouth tribute to Philly legends such as Pat's and Geno's.
Our Hatch Green Chile is the perfect addition to the secret ingredient, Cheese Whiz.
Ingredients (Yield - 2 Sandwiches):
- 1 Medium - Large White or Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 1 jar Kraft Cheese Whiz
- 14-15oz Sliced Ribeye (this can be found frozen)
- 2 soft Italian Rolls, cut lengthwise but not all the way (you want to still be able to open and close it like a book)
1. Caramelize Onion. In a cast iron or skillet, heat a high heat oil such as canola or sunflower on medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent and caramelized. Set aside.
2. In a small pot, heat up Cheese Whiz on low - medium heat. Once it begins to get liquidy, mix in Zia Hatch Green Chile and allow to warm up, mixing occasionally.
3. While Cheese Whiz is heating up, cook sliced ribeye in the same cast iron as the onions were cooked on medium heat. As you cook, sprinkle salt to taste. When the ribeye is fully cooked, mix back in the onions and turn heat to low.
4. Hold open one italian roll and spread a thin layer of warm Cheese Whiz on it before you add the meat. Add the meat / onions, and top with a generous final layer of Cheese Whiz. Serve and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!