Zia Hatch Green Chile Winter Vegetable Soup
Who knew that vegetables could be so comforting? Keep Soup Season going strong with this simple and easy recipe.
- 1/2 - full jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 1-1.5 lbs Leeks (about 3 of them), sliced white parts only
- 3 large Carrots, diced
- 1 stalk Celery, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium sized Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- Bay leaf, thyme, and parsley (a few sprigs of each, preferably wrapped together in cheese cloth if possible)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (or dairy free Heavy Cream alternative, if Vegan)
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, combine all vegetables (leeks, carrots, celery, turnips), Zia Hatch Green Chile, potatoes, garlic and bay leaf / thyme / parsley mixture with 1 1/2 qts water. Add salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
2. Transfer to a blender / immersion blender / food processor and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in a couple batches depending upon how large your blender is.
3. Return to Dutch oven / soup pot on low heat. Add in 1/4 cup heavy cream or heavy cream alternative and whisk until combined. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired. Serve warm and garnish with parsley.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!