Zia Hatch Red Chile Creamy Parmesan Mussels
- 2 lb bag Mussels
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Red Chile (strained)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (any form, we used shaved)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Dry White Wine or Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Salt (to taste)
- Bread (to serve)
1. Chop / process shallots and garlic. We threw the shallots and garlic in a food processor and processed both together.
2. Clean mussels and throw out any that are cracked open.
3. Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large pot and cook shallots / garlic 3-5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add in wine, heavy cream, parsley, Zia Hatch Red Chile, butter, parmesan cheese and salt. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes to let flavors mix.
5. Add in mussels, cover pot and cook until all mussels are opened and cooked through (around 10 minutes).
6. Serve mussels with bread for dipping in the broth and enjoy!