Zia Hatch Red Chile Gazpacho
- 2 lbs halved and cored ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 lb cucumber, peeled and seeded (1/2 lb is equivalent to about 1 small / medium sized cucumber)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 jar to a full jar of Zia Hatch Red Chile
- 1/2 peeled small / medium red onion
- 1 large peeled garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 thick slice of white bread or 2-4 slices of baguette (crust removed on all)
- Garnishes: olive oil, herbs, croutons, Zia Hatch Red Chile, chopped ingredients leftover from recipe
1. Core vegetables directed and chop the rest so they will fit in a blender.
2. Add all ingredients (except bread) to blender and blend until liquified.
3. Once liquified, add bread and let soak in the blender with liquified gazpacho for a few minutes.
4. Blend again until soaked bread is fully integrated into gazpacho.
5. Taste and add extra salt / pepper / cumin / other seasoning as desired.
6. Transfer gazpacho to a large bowl or container, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours (overnight recommended) to chill.
7. Serve and add garnishes of choice!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!