Hatch Red Chile Kentucky Bloody Mary
Zia Hatch Red Chile Kentucky Bloody Mary
Bloody Marys are the perfect weekend brunch cocktail, made even better with the sweet heat of our Hatch Red Chile.
This recipe is a staple for our Kentucky Derby festivities in particular, but can be enjoyed for gatherings or weekend rewards any time.
Ingredients (Makes enough for 3-4 Bloody Marys):
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce of your choice
- 2 cups Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 cup Vodka (We used Wheatley Craft Vodka from Buffalo Trace Distillery in Kentucky)
- 2 tbsp Pickle Juice
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Red Chile (no need to strain)
- Salt and Spice of your choice to rim the glass (we used salt and Hatch Red Chile Powder)
- Lime or Lemon Wedges to rim the glass
- Thick cut bacon
- Pitted Olives
- Celery Sticks
- Lime or Lemon Wedges
- Dill Sprigs
- Pearl Onions
For this recipe, we went with pitted olives, pickle spears, lemon wedges, thick bacon, and a Hatch Green Chile Shorty Sausage from our friends at Dukes.
1. If using bacon, place your thick cut bacon strips in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-35 minutes, flipping halfway through. When ready, set aside to dry.
2. Pour half jar of Zia Hatch Red Chile into a blender or food processor and pulse until a smooth consistency is achieved.
3. In a large pitcher, pour in Vodka, Bloody Mary Mix, Zia Hatch Red Chile, Pickle Juice, Lime Juice and Hot Sauce.
4. Stir to combine and set aside.
5. Place salt and chile powder (or spice of choice) onto a small plate. Mix together and set aside.
6. Run a lime or lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and then flip the glass upside down, gently patting onto the salt mixture to evenly coat the rim of the glass.
7. Fill each glass with inc, give your Bloody Mary Mix one last stir and pour over the ice.
8. Garnish with all your desired toppings and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published