Zia Hatch Red Chile Winter Tomato Soup
Summer is for Gazpacho and Winter is for Tomato soup.
The addition of bulgur, onions and our Hatch Red Chile makes for a thick, satisfying, beautiful and all around warm tomato soup to get you through the remaining weeks of Winter or whenever you need some comfort.
- 28oz can Chopped Tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tbsp Red Onions, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloved, minced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coarse Bulgur
- 5 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1/2 cup Feta
- 1 jar Zia Hatch Red Chile
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bread of choice
1. Process / blend tomatoes to a coarse puree.
2. Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot over medium heat, add onion and pinch of salt. Stir often and cook until onions begin to become translucent.
3. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add tomato, tomato paste, sugar and full jar of Zia Hatch Red Chile. Bring it all to a simmer and cook while stirring often for 10 minutes.
5. Add the bulgur and water and bring a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 45 mins.
6. Taste the soup with bulgur, the bulgur should be soft and the soup should be thicker than it started. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with mint and feta and drizzle olive oil over the top. Serve with toasted bread.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!