Zia Pull Apart Hatch Green Chile Cheesy Bread
In the mood for a cheese pull? This is one of our favorite simple and crowd-pleasing appetizers / side dishes.
Though we used a french baguette and mozzarella, feel free to experiment around with different types of breads and cheeses.
- 1/2 jar Zia Hatch Green Chile (strained)
- 10-16oz jar Marinara Sauce of Choice (we used Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce)
- 1 Baguette or loaf of choice
- 4-8oz Mozzarella, sliced thinly or shredded
- Dried Oregano or Parsley
- Parmesan, grated or shredded
- Pepper Flakes (we used Hatch Valley Green Blend from Flatiron Pepper Company)
- Garlic salt or salt to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced (optional if you would like garlic cheesy bread)
1. Pre-heat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you would like garlic bread, heat olive oil over medium heat, add minced garlic cloves and cook until fragrant and garlic begins to brown slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Slice baguette length-wise but stop short in order to leave it attached on one side. Brush inside and out with olive oil or garlic oil from step 1.
3. Place mozzarella along the open side of the bottom half of the loaf, then sprinkle with garlic salt / salt, about half of the strained Zia Hatch Green Chile, and dried oregano or parsley.
4. Close the loaf, wrap tightly in tin foil and bake on a sheet pan for 20-30 minutes (the more mozzarella you use, the closer to 30 minutes you will want to bake it).
5. While bread is baking, heat marinara sauce over medium heat. Add the remainder of strained Zia Hatch Green Chile and bring to a simmer until the bread is done, stirring occasionally.
6. Transfer sauce to a bowl and top with parmesan and pepper flakes. Keep bread wrapped until ready to serve. When ready, serve bread as you would like, either slicing or pulling pieces apart. Enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!