Sweet Potatoes with Zia Hatch Red Chile Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4lb Butter
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (if you need to use dried due to lack of fresh availability, see steps at the bottom to rehydrate)
- 1 jar Zia Hatch Red Chile (strained)
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Powdered Ginger
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 6 tsp Canola or Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
Directions (You can pre make the Hatch Red Chile Cranberry Chutney up to two weeks prior to usage and keep in the refrigerator):
1. Slowly melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Once fully melted, add in diced red onion, red and green bell peppers, and saute for 1 minute.
2. Add jar of Zia Hatch Red Chile, vinegar, brown sugar, raisins, and cranberries. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
3. Add allspice and ginger, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
To Rehydrate Dried Cranberries:
1. Place 2 1/4 cup of dried cranberries into a bowl (3/4 cup of dried for every 1 cup fresh).
2. Boil 6oz of water. Once boiling, pour over dried cranberries and stir.
3. Cover the bowl with saran wrap to keep warm and let sit for up to 30 minutes or until dried cranberries become more plump.
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!