Zia Hatch Chile Whole30 Enchiladas with Egg Tortillas
Using eggs as tortillas, this a perfect dish if you're doing a Whole30 or if you love enchiladas but not the carbs.
- 1/2 Jar Zia Hatch Green Chile, strained
- 1 8oz Packet Saucy Lips Authentic Mexican Red Enchilada Sauce
- 6 Large or Extra Large Eggs
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- Shredded Mexican Cheese (Optional, use only if you are not on a Whole30)
- Butter (substitute Ghee or any Whole30 Compatible Oil if you are on a Whole30)
- Cilantro / Avocado / toppings of your choice
- Salt and Pepper
1. Shred Rotisserie chicken into a bowl and mix in strained Zia Hatch Green Chile.
2. Make egg tortillas (1 egg = 1 egg tortilla). Heat a small amount of butter in a 6-8 inch non stick pan over Medium High heat. Beat 1 egg and pour into heated pan, swirling around to form into a circle, grinding salt and pepper over it. After 30-40 seconds, flip to other side and let cook for another 30-40 seconds. At this point the egg should be formed into a "tortilla." Remove onto a separate plate and repeat process for the rest of your eggs.
3. Once all egg tortillas are formed, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a casserole dish (ideally 7" x 11" or not much larger) with butter. Roll chicken / Zia Hatch Green Chile into each egg tortilla, leaving the ends open, and place each roll side by side in casserole dish.
4. Pour Saucy Lips Red Enchilada Sauce evenly over the enchiladas, and sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top if you decide to use it.
5. Bake Enchiladas for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted if used. Add toppings such as cilantro, avocado, etc., serve and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!