Zia Hatch Green Chile Beer Queso
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 can Beer (Lager or American Ale, preferably)
- 1/2 jar strained Zia Hatch Green Chile
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. In a medium sized skillet or pan, melt butter on medium/low heat. Add minced garlic and whisk for 1-2 min until fragrant and garlic has had a chance to slightly darken in color.
2. Sprinkle your flour over the melted butter and whisk to make a paste until there are no visible clumps, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour 1/2 can of desired beer into the pan and drink the rest while you stir.
4. Slowly pour in milk and continue whisking periodically. Add Zia Hatch Green Chile and allow the heat to rise until bubbles begin to appear. Whisk until thickened.
5. Turn heat to low, add the cheese slowly, stirring until smooth and consistent in texture.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as any final desired spices (smoked salt, onion powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika, etc.)
7. Grab a bag of chips and enjoy while warm.
PRO TIP: Freeze any leftover Hatch Green Chile Beer Queso and use in our Hatch Green Chile Juicy Lucy Burger Recipe!