Zia Hatch Green Chile Juicy Lucy Burger
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- Frozen Hatch Green Chile Queso (we have an easy recipe here -- if you don't want to make Hatch Green Chile Queso you could also use a slice of cheese of your choice with a few forks full of Zia Hatch Green Chile when it comes time to layer between patties).
- Hamburger Buns (we used Martin's Potato Rolls)
1. Make Hatch Green Chile Queso of your choice and freeze for a few hours (just enough to hold the shape. You don't want it completely frozen as you want to be able to cut slices of it).
2. Combine beef, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Salt, Pepper, and mix. Form 4-6 thin beef patties. Each patty should be sliced slightly larger than each slice of cheese.
3. Cut slices from the semi-frozen Hatch Green Chile Queso.
4. Place your cut slices of cheese between two beef patties. Tightly pinch the ends of the patties together to form a tight seal with the meat. Use a fork if you need and pinch it down like you would ravioli.
5. Pre-heat a cast iron or grill up to 400+ degrees. Cook burgers for 4 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 or until desired doneness. Since the cheese is melting inside and steaming, it may be looking for a way out. If you notice the burger beginning to leak at the sides, poke a small hole in the top to redirect the steam pressure.
6. Toast buns and serve burger between them. Add additional desired toppings, let cool and enjoy the explosion of Hatchy Cheesiness with every bite!