Zia Hatch Green Chile "Christmas" Baked Brie
Looking for an easy, delicious and fast appetizer to serve over the Holidays (or whenever you feel the urge to put together a cheese board)? Our recipe for "Christmas" style Baked Brie is a surefire crowd pleaser.
- 1 4oz piece of Brie (wheel or wedge formed into a wheel), cold
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet, cold (frozen and somewhat thawed)
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
Note: Zia Hatch Green and Red Chile can also be replaced with our recipe for Zia Hatch Chile Jam.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare brie by cutting off the rind. If unable to find a 4oz Brie wheel, use an 8oz wedge, cut in half and form into a disc shape.
2. Lay parchment paper onto a baking sheet and place square of puff pastry sheet onto it. Position Brie in the middle and spread Zia Hatch Green Chile on one half and Zia Hatch Red Chile on the other, (or optionally use our recipe for Hatch Green and Red Chile Jam). Drape the four corners of the puff pastry sheet over the Brie, one at a time to enclose it.
3. Brush the outside of the draped pastry with egg wash (one egg beaten with a tablespoon or so of water or milk), and sprinkle sugar if you choose to use it. Bake on the middle rack of your oven for about 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Let cool at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Want more delicious Hatch Chile Recipes? View more here!